This space will be used to consolidate all of my custom projects that I work on. I will show work in progress as well as completed projects. I do a little bit of a lot of things including but not limited to customizing toys and designing custom add on's for card and board games. Please feel free to contact me about any of my projects of if you have an idea or would like to commission me to create something for you.
Well I was finally able to start this project and it has been a B**CH. I normally like to stay at true 1/18 scale for my scratch built weapons but to get the detail of the hex heads I had to make it a bit bigger than scale. It has been a pain to get the socket heads the right internal shape but I think they are coming out nicely. Each of the 4 sockets will be a different size when this is complete. This will be a 4 way tire iron.
Here is the first pics of the build
Finally was able to put it together and prime it. After priming I think that I have some more shaping and sanding to do.
Here is all the detailing that I did to the cannon and the first round of priming.
6/22/11 - Project started
First I feel that I should point out that for the most part I HATE the movie toys. They are not nice to look at in my opinion. That being said I actually do like the voyager class Megatron, I feel that he is the best rendition of Megatron in the movie verse to date. I did however think that he needed a better looking fusion cannon so here is the work in progress of the cannon. :-D
So I picked up the Toys R Us exclusive Fury of combat set a while ago and HATED the jacket that came with Nick Fury so I started looking into a better jacket for him and thought that the ROC Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes jacket would suffice with some modding.
Everything is the stock figure except for the jacket and arms which are from the ROC Paris Pursuit Snake Eyes. I cut the hood off and reshaped the collar. I was going to cut the jacket strap off but actually like the look of it. I was also going to paint it but like the way it ended up looking in the stock color.
I did the detail painting to give the hammer a weathered look tonight. I used 4 different shades of silver and a hint of black for the hammer head. I created a custom wash using brown and gold of all colors for the handle.... I may end up going back and touching it up some more. I will have to examine it more after the paint fully sets.
6/14/11 - Project Started
I was recently commissioned by a forum member sbartek1974 to create an updated weapon for Toll Booth. I wanted to make it in 1/18 scale of a 20lb sledge hammer.